Currently Floating YOUR Boat, find tunes, add them to the wall, make us listen

Thursday 28 February 2008

A-trak: Turntablist by nature


So, Atrak, Here's the resume: When I was 13 I took my bar mitzvah money and bought myself some turntables and a mixer. I practiced for about 18 hours a day. Then I came out of my basement, packed my lunch and won a bunch of world championships. Joy! I formed a DJ crew called the Allies with Craze and friends. We toured the world for a while... I guess I've been touring for the last 10 years. Time flies.

Hilarious, not just cause of how he writes it, but how understated he is. He was 15!!!! Just 15!!!! when he won the world DMC champs. Dude then went on to win it a bunch more times, reaching a point where he was head and shoulders above everyone else.

So whats he up to now? Kanyes tour DJ (props to kanye for getting one of the best) and producing remixe's (check out SICK scanners tune on his myspace), aswell as tunes for kid sister.

That aint it though, last year he released Dirty south Dancing, a mashup of Hiphop/electro/Oldskool/Funk that is guarentee to get your body jacking.

All this shoulda gone to his head right? Nah man, check out his diary on his site.

Basically A-trak is a living Hiphop legend and certainly to go down as one of if not the greatest turntablist of all time(he even works on a notation system for scratching!!!!!!!). Mad motivated and mad skills,

No comments: