Currently Floating YOUR Boat, find tunes, add them to the wall, make us listen

Sunday 13 July 2008

Kick the burger

If a tune is dropped but no one's listening - does it make a sound?

It's a been a while since I've posted. New job's keeping me busy and leaves little time for discovering new music... But that won't stop good tunes from being released! So here's a few I want to share with my friends on this fine Sunday evening.

First up! If you like your FIDGET house this tune is seriously heavy: A Girl and a Gun - Whomp That Sucka (A1 Bassline Remix). Whomp THAT.

Men of the moment are without a doubt CROOKERS who are churning out big tunes at at the speed of light. Top of my current list are Il Buono (if you like your drops prepare for a 1000 feet PLUNGE!) and Brick City Go.

I love Boys, I love Noize, I love Feist. This tune aint hot off the press but it's glorious none the less: Feist - My Moon My Man (Boys Noize remix).

Next up: DIPLO. I would probably pay to have children by this man because he everything he produces is beautiful. His latest, Black Ghosts - Repetition Kills (Diplo remix) aint his best but good enough to mention.

Finally - seriously loving My Drive Thru, the result of a collaboration between N.E.R.D., Santogold (Spank Rock) and Julian Casablancas (The Strokes). One of those tunes that get better and better and better, got one heck of a guitar hook to it.

I leave you then with a piece of Norwegian culture... Apparently Diplo is obsessed with this. The original game is to kick a hat off a ski pole. We replace the hat with a burger and have... The Burger Dance. "Get low.... get low... Alright!"

No comments: