Currently Floating YOUR Boat, find tunes, add them to the wall, make us listen

Thursday 17 January 2008

Battle of the Year

Hmmm, today it just seems to be posts about female artists so might aswell not fight the trend...

I was thinking about what the most HILARIOUS MC battle of the year would be and I came up with this:

Uffie

vs Roxy CottontailJust compare the lyrical GeniuS! of 'you just heard what I said dude/ I said your played out for being so rude' on Oxy's mind your own business to Uffies 'all the girls getting horny/ but all this shit is so corny' on her ready to uff tune and you wonder if all you need is to be cute, a bit of Sas and a decent producer to make it in the electrorap game.
To be honest though I do have to give them props for getting heard and while they will never compete with the lyrical genius of Aesop Rock, that not really what they are trying to do.
I was in New York talking to some cool girls when the subject of cheesy music came up.
On the mention of some long forgotten cheesy tune one girl turned to me and said 'yeah, but it's so much fun to listen to when your drunk'. That sums up Uffie to me, I'd never listen to her at home, but hey if Im drunk I'll throw my hands up too! As for Oxy I kinda rate some of the remixes of her tunes, her Sassyness is slightly better applied than Uff, whom was described to me the first time at sonar as 'imagine if your little 17 year old sister in highschool started rapping about glocks n stuff...exactly'

No comments: